Google My Business Finally Added This Key Reporting Feature
Oct 05, 2020
I’ve been waiting for the next round of updates to the Google My Business (GMB) platform and some of them are starting to make their way to the surface.
One such feature involves an improvement to GMB’s Insights reporting.
Until now, GMB Insights reporting didn’t allow users to:
View data beyond a 90-day window
See year-over-year (YOY) data
Examine specific time periods
However, because this new reporting feature is still being rolled out, it may not be available for your business yet. Sit tight if you don’t see it. This and other features will be available soon. Let’s now examine how to review this new reporting data.
How to view the new “Performance” window
Step 1: Be sure you’re logged into Google with the same account used to manage the GMB profile.
Step 2: Do a branded search for the business.
Step 3: Select the “Promote” button (this will be at the top of the organic results).
Step 4: Click “Performance” in the next window.
Steps 5 & 6: Choose a time period to view (one to six months). This window also displays how people interacted with your business profile with YOY data. Possible interaction data includes total interactions, Calls or Messages.
Your organic traffic is usually the largest segment of visitors. It’s also typically the best performing traffic segment. These visitors spend more time on your site, bounce less and convert at higher rates.
If this isn’t the case, you may be overspending on other channels and/or an issue within your website experience is limiting your success.
Up to 75 percent of your GMB listing views come from Search with the remaining 25 percent originating from Google Maps for local business. —2019 Bright Local Study
Maximize your local shopping traffic by optimizing your GMB profile. This will help your dealership connect with more shoppers, increase engagement and improve your ability to track organic traffic from GMB.
Google will continue to improve GMB reporting capabilities and introduce even more features to help you connect and convert shoppers.
Don’t miss your opportunity to stay ahead of the curve. Prepare your dealership for greater success and make smarter marketing decisions that help drive more sales opportunities.
Request a full complimentary Google My Business audit!