Improve local SEO ranking & discoverability
Optimizing your online directory listings, for example Google My Business (GMB), dramatically improves your local SEO ranking. Better local SEO means more opportunities for potential shoppers to find your dealership in search.
Standardize local SEO efforts & tracking
Consistency in your local SEO presence helps search engines understand your business better. This helps you connect with your ideal audience more often. Plus, a standardized approach improves KPI tracking. This makes performance evaluation easier and faster!
Connect with more ready-to-buy shoppers
Optimized local directory listings, like your GMB profile, have a better chance of showing to low-funnel car shoppers. Higher visibility with a more relevant audience in their peak buying decision moments drives more sales opportunities from SEO.
- GMB listing optimization
- Adding UTM tracking links to relevant CTAs
- Adding products (when available)
- Link Dealer Teamwork landing pages
- How customers search for your business
- Search queries to find your business
- Where customers view your business
- Customer actions
- Directions requests
- Phone calls
- Popular times
- Photo views
- Search Citations (i.e. Google, Bing, etc.)
- Social Network Citations (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Map Network Citations (i.e. Google Maps, Apple Maps, Waze, etc.)
- General Network Citations (30+ miscellaneous networks)
- Online NAP record management
What is Google My Business (GMB)?
GMB is a Google hosted business directory tool. Companies and businesses can essentially use their profile as a local listing landing page with information about their business, products, contact information and much more. It houses your business information to help potential customers find, learn more about and interact with your business.
Why is leveraging Google My Business (GMB) important?
Claiming and verifying your GMB listing is extremely important for businesses on many levels. A few examples are listed below:
- It bridges connections and unlocks features across the Google family of products. For example, one requirement of the metric “Store Visits” being eligible to show is connecting your GMB account with your Google Ads account, and your location must be verified.
- It improves your local SEO efforts by increasing your opportunity to show up in direct search (i.e. your company name) and local discovery search (i.e. Ford dealer near me).
- Optimizing your GMB profile provides more tracking capabilities. Your SEO efforts will be tagged in your Google Analytics for better reporting and you’ll be able to track more business outcomes generated from SEO efforts (i.e. GMB phone calls, website visits, direction requests).
- You’ll have more opportunities to connect with ready-to-buy customers by making it easy for customers to connect with your dealership virtually, over the phone and in-person.
Which GMB profile elements will Dealer Teamwork help me manage?
- Primary CTA button link UTM tags
- Products & Services link UTM tags
- Appointment link UTM tags
- Dealership categories (Primary & secondary – up to 6 total)
- Category & Products that match the current MPOP® categories & products
- New vehicles
- Used vehicles
- Certified Pre-Owned vehicles
- Body Styles
- Service offers
- Automating NAP record management whenever possible.
- Manage current Product & Services content
- Track GMB traffic insights
What’s a NAP record & why is it important?
NAP stands for “name”, “address” and “phone number”. Having this business information filled out on listing sites across the web (i.e. GMB, Bing Places, Yelp, YP.com, Facebook, etc.) helps search engines find your business, which in turn, helps shoppers find your business. Having a consistent NAP record across the board positively impacts local SEO efforts and helps to limit/eliminate duplicate listings.